Monday, July 17, 2006

Ambarish Maharaj...the exalted devotee

This friday Prem Niketan Prabhu spoke on verse 61-66 Chapter 2.He gave the example of Ambarish Maharaj from whom we can learn the actual activities of a devotee.As stated in Bhagwatam Canto-9 chap 4 verse 18-20

"Mahārāja Ambarīsa always engaged his mind in meditating upon the lotus feet of Krsna, his words in describing the glories of the Lord, his hands in cleansing the Lord's temple, and his ears in hearing the words spoken by Krsna or about Krsna. He engaged his eyes in seeing the Deity of Krsna, Krsna's temples and Krsna's places like Mathurā and Vrindāvana, he engaged his sense of touch in touching the bodies of the Lord's devotees, he engaged his sense of smell in smelling the fragrance of tulasī offered to the Lord, and he engaged his tongue in tasting the Lord's prasāda. He engaged his legs in walking to the holy places and temples of the Lord, his head in bowing down before the Lord, and all his desires in serving the Lord, twenty-four hours a day. Indeed, Mahārāja Ambrisa never desired anything for his own sense gratification. He engaged all his senses in devotional service, in various engagements related to the Lord. This is the way to increase attachment for the Lord and be completely free from all material desires."

This is a very very special verse for neohyte and fallen souls like me.I have to learn how to engage my senses for krsna 's pleasure.I know this is just the beginning of my spiritual life and I am totally dependent on Guru Maharaj Ganesha and Vaishnava devotees who can help this soul in purifying his senses.

By the mercy of Ganesha Maharaj,I have finished reading 9 cantos and now of course dying to read and relish the "sommum bonnum"canto 10!I am also reading "A Transcendental Diary" by Hari Shauri Dasa ...its a very very well compiled diary .I am really amazed to read prabhupada's determination to spread Krishna Conciousness throughout the world.He really worked very hard for this ultimate cause.Also,some of the talks by prabhpada mentioned in this book are simply amazing!(simple yet profound!)

I dont know for the past two months dont feel like studying..its just business and Krishna Conciousness.I dont know how I am going to do my dissertation.I am feeling as if Lord Ganesha is guiding me to behave the way I am.I totally depend on his mercy.(May be I dont want to study so I might be giving this excuse..but I seriously do bel this..anyways only time will tell whether its my mental cocoction or its the truth!)

All glories to my spiritual master Lord Ganesha!

Guru Maharaj Ganesh ki Jai!

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna,Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Ram Hare Ram,Ram Ram Hare Hare!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAI SHRI KRISHNA!!!

My dear devotee friend..... you writing style as well as your keen interest in Krishna and Krishna consiousness has really impressed me.

I can call it as a good luck of mine and in your words..DETINTY.. that I got into your blog.Story of Maharaja Ambrish has impressed me a lott but your last one paragraph has causes lot of pain and agony to me realising that a tru devotee of Krishna is today behaving like ARJUN... standing in between Kurukshetra... giving excuses to Krishna and expecting from Krishna to support his vague arguments..

The intensity of my agony increases when a person who have utmost faith and devotion for Krishna is running from his responsibilities by making Lord Ganesha responsible for his behaviour....

As a friend and devotee of Krishna I want to request you to please take responsibilty for your action...

I would like to hear from you and your thoughts on your blog only...

Please accpet my apology in advance if you have felt bad on my statements.

Regards,

SOCRETES

HARE KRISHNA!!!!

5:02 PM, July 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home